Our site, Rachel’s Vineyard Twin Cities, was formed as a ministry of Rosaries for Life and held our first retreat in November of 1999. We were blessed to have Bishop Paul Dudley serve with us as our chaplain for this weekend.
Some additional points of interest over the years:
- Since 1999, we have offered 51 retreats, serving 541 participants (12% men; 86% Catholic) and have honored 945 babies.
- In addition to our Executive Director, we have 13 volunteer team members and 10 board members.
- An average of 50 volunteers assist with each retreat in the areas of prayer and preparation for the retreat.
- Our Executive Director attends regional and national training conferences and leads three trainings a year for our team members.
- Our Executive Director, Nancy Blom, has trained and mentored leaders for new sites in AZ, IL, MN, MO, NJ, WI, two in Canada, and a Spanish speaking site for the Archdiocese of Saint Paul and Minneapolis.
- Since 2008, Nancy Blom, Father James Livingston and Victoria Johnson has given an annual panel presentation to the 3rd Year Seminarians at The Saint Paul Seminary School of Divinity as part of their Wednesday Formation Program.
- In 2010, Rachel’s Vineyard Twin Cities became a 501(c)3 non-profit entity.
- In 2011, the Rachel’s Vineyard Twin Cities’ Team received the Champion for Life award in the group category.
- In 2015, Bishop Andrew Cozzens served as chaplain for our May retreat.