Years in Review
The Rachel’s Vineyard Retreat program was developed in 1994 by Dr. Theresa Burke. As of 2015, there are over 350 sites worldwide in 49 states and 70 countries, with over 100,000 volunteers.
History of Rachel's Vineyard Twin Cities
Our site, Rachel’s Vineyard Twin Cities, was formed as a ministry of Rosaries for Life and held our first retreat in November of 1999. We were blessed to have Bishop Paul Dudley serve with us as our chaplain for this weekend.
Some additional points of interest over the years:
- Since 1999, we have offered 52 retreats, serving 543 participants (12% men; 87% Catholic) and have honored 947 babies.
- In addition to our Executive Director, we have 12 volunteer team members and 10 board members.
- An average of 50 volunteers assist with each retreat in the areas of prayer and preparation for the retreat.
- Our Executive Director attends regional and national training conferences and leads three trainings a year for our team members.
- Our Executive Director, Nancy Blom, has trained and mentored leaders for new sites in AZ, IL, MN, MO, NJ, WI, Nigeria, Russia, two in Canada, and a Spanish speaking site for the Archdiocese of Saint Paul and Minneapolis.
- Since 2008, Nancy Blom, Father James Livingston and Victoria Johnson has given an annual panel presentation to the 3rd Year Seminarians at The Saint Paul Seminary School of Divinity as part of their Wednesday Formation Program.
- In 2010, Rachel’s Vineyard Twin Cities became a 501(c)3 non-profit entity.
- In 2011, the Rachel’s Vineyard Twin Cities’ Team received the Champion for Life Award in the group category.
- In 2015, Bishop Andrew Cozzens served as the chaplain for our May retreat.
- The Catholic Services Appeal Foundation added RVTC this year as a new ministry to support.
- We successfully held our first mid-week retreat in October.
- We served 28 people at our 4 retreats this year – a 22% increase over 2017 and 56% increase over 2016.
- 46% of our participants needed financial assistance – a 47% increase over our average.
- We updated and reorganized our website and improved our on-line registration process.
- Our Executive Director and another team member attended the September International Training Conference in Pennsylvania.
- Nancy Blom, our Executive Director, received the 2018 Champion for Life Award in the “Professional” category.